Inbetween the coverage of A/W 11/12 London Fashion Week and Milan Fashion Week (which starts today!), I thought I’d focus on a menswear post. My boyfriend is a big fan of fashion, is very stylish and wears some great brands which I love too. Which is why I, and he, are very excited about the launch of Mr Porter, the brother site to Net-a-Porter and new luxury e-retailer exclusively for men. In such a womenswear dominated market, it is great to finally have a man-focused fashion outlet where my boyfriend (and myself) can go “Ooh” and “Aah” at some truly beautiful menswear items.
Firstly, a layout designer and lover of all things graphic, I am in LOVE with the website design; I love the classic fonts, the beautiful colours (which remind me very much of a menswear grooming product trend report I worked on in November) and the sophistication of the site.
Stand out classic pieces available through Mr Porter already:
– a timeless design classic, a must have.
– because everyone needs Margiela in their wardrobe
– navy is my favourite colour and these trousers are fantastic for casual or formals looks
– to brighten up those toes
– the ultimate brogue for a man, fantastic is black or deep brown.
I can see this whole look being on my boyfriend’s birthday list – better get saving!