Ah, pancakes. Surely the ultimate breakfast food, non? There’s nothing quite like a syrup-glistened stack of those fluffy drops of heaven.
Now, the real deal doesn’t do nothing for the ol’ waistline, but here’s a stack that’s just indulgent enough to feel like the real thing whilst being kinder on the summer bikini diet. Oh, and paleo too!
Introducing Coconut & Cinnamon pancakes.
This recipe uses coconut flour, which I’ve used in pancakes in the past but those guys were a bit of the dry side, so here’s a tip – always add a little bit more liquid that the recipe says.
So, wanna make pancakes?
Coconut & Cinnamon Paleo Pancakes (serves 1)
- 2 medium eggs
- 3 tbsp full fat coconut milk (add 1 tbsp more to make the mixture a bit thinner)
- 1/2 mashed ripe banana (freeze the other half to add to smoothies)
- 1.5 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Coconut oil for frying
1. Mash the banana. Add the eggs and coconut milk and whisk until well combined.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
3. Whisk together the wet and dry ingredients to form your batter.
4. Heat your coconut oil in a frying pan and add tablespoons of batter to the pan (I made mine slightly larger, so each pancake was around 2/3 tablespoons)
5. As soon as bubbles form on the surface (about 1.5 mins), flip the pancakes over and cook for around another 30 seconds
6. Serve! I had mine with organic natural yoghurt and frozen blueberries.
Do you know of any great clean pancake recipes? Hook a sister up.