Whilst on the hunt for a summery coffee drunk that wasn’t a bog standard iced latte, I came across this beauty on Bondi Harvest‘s incredible YouTube channel (if you haven’t checked them out yet, their channel is a must for laid back, fuss-free recipes direct from Aus). Now, the title of this recipe did strike fear into me; for some reason, I thought it was going to be the most complicated thing to make, however, it is in fact, one of the easiest recipes you’ll come across.
So, down to business. This cold brew recipe is infused with toasted coconut and coconut water to create a super sweet flavour without any guilt. A perfect way to kick-start your morning and a clean replacement for that usual sugary latte or cappuccino.
Fancy a brew?
Coconut Cold Brew Coffee (Serves 4)
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 cup coarsely ground coffee
1 litre coconut water
1. Toast off the coconut in a pan until golden.
2. Mix together in a bowl with the ground coffee.
3. Pour in the coconut water and combine well.
4. Cover and let steep for 12 hours in the fridge.
5. Strain through a nut milk straining bag or cheesecloth and serve with frozen coconut milk cubes.
Have you ever made homemade cold brew coffee? What’s your favourite morning pick-me-up?